Website design and development for Toledo Food Share Pantry *:
Brenda came to me for help with the Toledo Food Share Pantry’s existing website, as nobody had updated it in a while. I took a look and gave my thoughts on what should be done. I recommended that we move the site into WordPress and onto new hosting, and that I would work my magic. They agreed, and I went to work on the new design and development of a new version of the site.
Content: They still needed most of the pages from the old site but with updated information. I combined the short mission page, and the page about what the Food Pantry does, along with the Service Area and Income pages into one page about the pantry and called it “What We do”, which allowed me to reduce the size of the menu at the top. I also updated the “Our Team” page with new information about the Board, the Pantry Staff, and the Volunteers, adding new and updated photos. We added some much needed website and pantry policy pages, as well as documents about the non-profit organization as well.
Design: I was given carte blanche for the design and so I went with a completely new color palette, using black, white, green, and gold, as well as images relating to food donation, how to volunteer, and more. I also made sure the entire site was responsive and code compliant. The “Make A Donation” button is featured all over the site, as well as the ability to tap any phone number in the site to call for more information about donations or how to volunteer. A custom header and footer with full information graces each page, and updated links to social media connection is also included.
Content Management System Used: WordPress
Theme: Custom designed and developed specifically for this website.
- Ability for site visitors to donate.
- Ability for site visitors to find contact information and hours.
- Required information about Covid-19 and how to donate food during this pandemic.
- Required reorganization and moving of all pages from the old website.
* Toledo Food Share Pantry is a non-profit organization located in Toledo, Oregon. They serve the region there to help stop hunger. To find out more, or to donate, visit their website.